Before submitting a paper to NUMID Horizon, all prospective authors should refer to the detailed guidelines and submit by email email@example.com
AUTHORSHIPPapers should only be submitted for consideration once consent is given by all contributing authors. Those submitting papers should carefully check that all those whose work contributed to the paper are acknowledged as contributing authors. The list of authors should include all those who can legitimately claim authorship. This is all those who:
- Made a substantial contribution to the concept and design, acquisition of data or analysis and interpretation of data,
- Drafted the article or revised it critically for important intellectual content,
- Approved the version to be published.
GENERAL GUIDELINESAll portions of the manuscript, including the abstract, quotations, appendices, tables, and reference list, must be typed double-spaced and left-justified (ragged right margins), with minimum one-inch margins, font type must be in Times New Roman, font size must be 12. Number all pages, including the title page and reference list. Include the title on the first page of the text. As this is a refereed journal, authors' names must not appear anywhere in the manuscript other than on the title page
LENGTH OF MANUSCRIPTResearch papers must not exceed 5,000 words (2,500 for policy briefs, short communication, and Instrument Development papers and 6,000 words for systematic reviews). The word count includes quotations, figures and tables but excludes the abstract, keywords, references. Papers that are less than 5,000 are also welcome.
MANUSCRIPT FORMATS FOR NUMID HORIZON
- Title Page: A separate title page must be provided to afford blind review and must include:
- Full title (maximum 20 words)
- All author names, qualifications, and affiliation,
- Contact details for corresponding author
The introduction is responsible for selling the article to readers and motivating them to read further. The introduction should be clear and concise and written in a simple jargon-free manner.
- Provide a conflict of Interest statement
- State any acknowledgments
- Provide a funding statement (if any)
- References use APA referencing guidelines
SUBMISSIONNUMID Horizon: An International Journal for Nursing and Midwifery adheres to a rigorous double-blind reviewing policy in which the identity of both the reviewer and author are always concealed from both parties. The authors must check the following before submission.
One author has been designated as the corresponding author with contact details:
- E-mail address
- Full postal address
All necessary files have been uploaded, and contain:
- All figure captions
- All tables (including title, description, footnotes)
- Manuscript has been 'spell-checked' and 'grammar-checked'
- References are in the correct format for this journal
- All references mentioned in the Reference list are cited in the text, and vice versa
- Permission has been obtained for use of copyrighted material from other sources (including the Internet) (provide evidence)
Printed version of figures (if applicable) in color or black-and-white
- Indicate clearly whether or not color or black-and-white in print is required.
- For reproduction in black-and-white, please supply black-and-white versions of the figures for printing purposes.
An International Journal of Nursing and Midwifery is an official journal of the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Ghana. The journal is aimed at providing a credible peer-reviewed medium for nurses and midwives and other health related researchers to share their research and other professional works. It is an international journal published online and in print by-annually.
# 30 Adamafio Crescent
+233 (0)30 397 6831